Herzog and Lynch team for murder drama
By Gregg Goldstein
CANNES (Hollywood Reporter) - Directors Werner Herzog and David Lynch are teaming for "My Son, My Son," a horror-tinged murder drama based on a true story.
Herzog and his longtime assistant director Herbert Golder co-wrote "Son," loosely based on the true story of a San Diego man who acts out a Sophocles play in his mind and kills his mother with a sword.
The low-budget feature will flash back and forth from the murder scene to the disturbed man's story. A guerrilla-style digital video shoot on location is tentatively set for March. Lynch is executive producing the project.
Herzog is having a busy year. He was set to film "Son" in the summer but postponed it to direct Nicolas Cage in a remake of Abel Ferrara's 1992 cop drama "Bad Lieutenant" starting in July. In the fall, he will shoot the Victorian-era drama "The Piano Tuner" for Focus Features.
Twin Peaks/David Lynch links
- David Lynch/Twin Peaks online store @ Amazon.com
- Dugpa.com: Twin Peaks/David Lynch news
- Fight for the release of FWWM deleted scenes
- Twin Peaks Gazette
- Twin Peaks Online
- Greetings from Twin Peaks
- The Black Lodge: A Web Homage to David Lynch
- DavidLynch.com: David Lynch's official site
- Twin Peaks/David Lynch videos on YouTube
- Inland Empire: official site of the movie
- IMDb: Twin Peaks
- IMDb: Fire Walk With Me
- Wikipedia: Twin Peaks
- Wikipedia: Fire Walk With Me
- Wikipedia: David Lynch
ARCHIVE OF BLOG POSTS
- ▼ 2008 (8)