Ever wondered what that crazy song is in Episode 8 (the first episode of season 2) that Leland sings both at his home (in front of Sarah and Maddy) and again at Ben Horne's office (prompting Ben and Jerry to dance)?
It's "Mairzy Doats," a 1943 novelty song by Milton Drake, Al Hoffman and Jerry Livingston.
Here are the lyrics:
I know a ditty nutty as a fruitcake Goofy as a goon and silly as a loon Some call it pretty others call it crazy but they all sing this tune: Mairzy Doats And Dozy Doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you? Yes! Mairzy doats And Dozy Doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you? If the words sound queer, and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey, Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy" Oh! Mairzy Doats and Dozy Doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you - oo? A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Twin Peaks/David Lynch links
- David Lynch/Twin Peaks online store @ Amazon.com
- Dugpa.com: Twin Peaks/David Lynch news
- Fight for the release of FWWM deleted scenes
- Twin Peaks Gazette
- Twin Peaks Online
- Greetings from Twin Peaks
- The Black Lodge: A Web Homage to David Lynch
- DavidLynch.com: David Lynch's official site
- Twin Peaks/David Lynch videos on YouTube
- Inland Empire: official site of the movie
- IMDb: Twin Peaks
- IMDb: Fire Walk With Me
- Wikipedia: Twin Peaks
- Wikipedia: Fire Walk With Me
- Wikipedia: David Lynch
ARCHIVE OF BLOG POSTS
- ► 2008 (8)
- ▼ 2007 (19)